Victoria Embankment – Until mid-September 2018, there will be no access to Victoria Embankment for westbound vehicles beyond Southwark Bridge. This is to allow Cadent Gas to undertake investigatory works on a gas main. Delays on surrounding roads are expected so please leave time for your journey.
From yesterday, Thursday 9 August, until 18:00 on Sunday 12 August, Savoy Street and Savoy Place will be closed at the junction with Victoria Embankment for resurfacing works. In addition, on 11 and 12 August two-way temporary traffic signals will be in place on Victoria Embankment to facilitate the works at the mouth of the junction. These works have been planned in collaboration with Cadent Gas works to minimise disruption.
International cricket – Thursday 9 – Monday 13 August 2018
• Lords Cricket Ground will host a test match between England and India from 11:00 until 18:30 each day
• The ground’s capacity is 28,000. Expect significantly increased pedestrian activity in the area around the stadium before and after the event
BikeStormz – Saturday 11 August 2018
• From 10:00, a large group of cyclists will gather in Southwark Park near the bandstand. At 12:00, those assembled will leave the park and cycle a circular route taking in Tower Bridge, Victoria Embankment, Millbank, Battersea Park Road, Lambeth Palace Road and Southwark Street before returning to Southwark Park for dispersal
• Historically, these groups of cyclists have ridden slowly in large groups in live traffic, causing obstruction and reportedly participating in low-level crime and disorder
Carnaby Street Eat – Saturday 11 August 2018
• From 12:00 until 18:00, local restaurants, bars and cafés will position food stalls and trucks in Carnaby Street and the surrounding area for a community event
• To facilitate the event, short sections of Ganton Street and Beak Street will be closed from 09:00 until 19:00 with associated diversions or restrictions on adjacent roads