Victoria Embankment – From Monday 6 August until mid-September 2018, there will be no access to Victoria Embankment for westbound vehicles beyond Southwark Bridge.
The Road will be closed completely between Southwark Bridge and Westminster Bridge.
This is to allow Cadent Gas to undertake investigatory works on a gas main which was damaged during works on the Super Sewer. The results of this investigation will determine whether the road will need to be closed for a longer period of time in the future to facilitate repairs that might be needed.
Delays are expected.
TFL are advising that If your journey would normally use the Embankment for destinations beyond Westminster Bridge, you will need to use an alternative route such as the Inner Ring Road north towards Euston Road or south towards Vauxhall Bridge. If you do not need access to central London, using routes such as the A406 North Circular, the A205 South Circular or the M25 (yes, the M25!!) could mean a quicker journey.
Read more HERE to find information on alternative travel routes and how you will be affected.
London Triathlon – Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 August 2018
• The first day of this two day event will take place within the ExCeL area in East London, with road closures from 05:00 between Gallions Reach Roundabout and Leamouth Roundabout, including Lower Lea Crossing, Royal Albert Way eastbound and roads around ExCeL. Lane closures will be in place on The Highway in both directions to allow barriers to be laid in advance of the second day of the event
• The second day will see road closures from 05:00 to facilitate the event between the ExCeL Centre and central London, including Royal Albert Way eastbound, roads around the ExCeL, Lower Lea Crossing, East India Dock tunnel, The Highway, Upper and Lower Thames Streets and Victoria Embankment
• All roads west of Tower Bridge are scheduled to reopen by 12:30, with all roads between Tower Bridge and Leamouth Roundabout scheduled to reopen by 14:00
• The remaining roads between Leamouth Roundabout and Gallions Reach will reopen at 18:00. Lane two on Royal Albert Way westbound is closed all weekend and is closed eastbound closed between 12:30 and 18:00 on Sunday
Gumball 3000 – Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 August 2018
• From 12:00 on Saturday 4 August, Covent Garden and King Street will hold a static display of the cars entered into the rally
• From 11:00 on Sunday 5 August, the cars will depart via Russell Street upon the first stage of the rally, driving under normal road conditions
• Traffic levels and pedestrian numbers are expected to increase during the event
• There will be road closures on Russell Street, Wellington Street and Bow Road
Ludgate Hill – From 20:00 on Friday 3 until 05:00 on Monday 6 August, Ludgate Hill will be closed in both directions between Ludgate Circus and Godliman Street. This is to facilitate filming.
Shepherd’s Bush – On Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 August, Shepherd’s Bush Road will have restricted access between Hammersmith Broadway gyratory and Brook Green. A single alternate lane will be working under a temporary traffic signal. This is due to a crane operation.
Wembley Stadium – From 12:00 until 19:00 on Sunday 5 August, traffic levels and pedestrian numbers are expected to increase in the Wembley area. This is due to an event.
Albert Bridge – From approximately 07:00 on Saturday 4 until 07:00 on Monday 6 August, Albert Bridge will be closed in both directions. This is due to bridge maintenance on behalf of the borough Kensington & Chelsea.