Wimbledon Tennis Championships – Until 23:00 on Sunday 15 July, there will be increased traffic levels and pedestrian activity around Southfields, Wimbledon Village, Wimbledon town centre and the area around the Wimbledon tennis Complex on Church Road and Wimbledon Park Road. These are likely to be affected by traffic delays and parking restrictions. Parking restrictions will be in force and traffic delays can be expected in these areas for the duration of the tournament.
Hyde Park – BST Music Concerts – On Friday 6, Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 July, South Carriage Drive and West Carriage Drive will be closed each day from 11:00. From 21:00 until 23:45 each day, Park Lane between Marble Arch and Hyde Park Corner and the eastbound up-slip from Knightsbridge to Hyde Park Corner will be closed. Expect larger than normal numbers of pedestrians in the area.
A201 between Ludgate Hill and Stamford Street – From 05:00 until 12:00 on Sunday 8 July, temporary traffic holds will be in place for a 3 minute duration, 4 times an hour. From 05:00 to 23:00, Queen Victoria Street will be closed in both directions. This is to facilitate filming.
Westminster – From 18:00 on Tuesday 10 July, there will be various road closures in the St James’s Park area. This will include the following roads: Constitution Hill, The Mall, Birdcage Walk, Marlborough Road and Victoria Street between Artillery Road and Parliament Square. The outside lane on the western side of Parliament Square will also be closed. This is due to an event.
Pride London – Saturday 7 July 2018
• There will be various road closures in place to facilitate the parade through Westminster
• The parade will form up in Portland Place from 08:00 and is due to start at 13:00. The route will take the parade via Regent Street, Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street St. James’s, Pall Mall, Cockspur Street and Trafalgar Square into Whitehall where it will disperse at the junction with Whitehall Place by 16:30
• From 07:30, Hostile Vehicle Measures (HVM) will be implemented to facilitate security measures prior to the form up
• Full road closures will be implemented along the remainder of the route and adjoining roads from 10:30, with all closures expected to be in place by 12:00
• Road closures in Pall Mall East and around Soho will be implemented from 06:00 and will be removed as soon as it is safe to do so once the events have included, crowds have dispersed and cleansing has been completed. Historically, these roads do not reopen until 02:00 on the Sunday morning
Brewer Street – Monday 25 June – Friday 27 July 2018
• There will be a road closure on Brewer Street between Wardour Street and Lexington Street for public realm works
• Brewer Street (Madam Jojo) taxi rank will be inaccessible and will be suspended for this period of time
• There will be no vehicle access during this period of time
Charlie Brown’s Roundabout – Monday 9 July – Monday 23 July
• From 21:00 until 05:00 every weekday from Monday 9 until Monday 23 July, works will take place to improve the roundabout to minimise traffic disruption
• The A406 will have lane closures clockwise/eastbound and the Southend Road off-slip will be closed between the junction and Lechmere Avenue
• Chigwell Road (north) will be access only between Broadmead Road and Raven Road junctions with no access to the A1400
• There will be no access to or from Latchett Road and Maybank Road from the A1400 Southend Road
• Alternative diversion routes will be sign-posted on the site
• Cadent Gas is due to carry out essential gas works on Victoria Embankment by Blackfriars Underpass from 6 August until mid-September 2018. As a result, Victoria Embankment will be closed westbound between Southwark Bridge and Westminster Bridge.
Summer Streets, Regent Street – Sunday 8 July
• The second annual Summer Streets event will take place from 12:00 until 18:00
• To facilitate this car-free day event, Regent Street will be closed in both directions from Piccadilly Circus to Oxford Street between 08:00 and 20:00
• Additionally, Regent Street will be closed southbound from the junction with Mortimer Street to all traffic except London buses
• New Burlington Street will be closed between 05:00 and 21:00. There will be associated closures or restrictions on adjacent roads.
City of London
The British 10K will take place on Sunday 15th July. Full details can be found HERE
On Tuesday 17 July the Standard Chartered Great City Race will take place across the City of London. Road closures will be implemented between 6:30pm and 8:30pm. Full details can be found HERE
On Wednesday 18 July roads around the City of London Guildhall will be busier than usual due to the Cart Marking Ceremony. Full details can be found HERE
Gracechurch Street northbound is expected to reopen at the end of July. More details can be found HERE