Cross border hiring
We’ve published a proposal for legislative change relating to cross border hiring.
The latest issue of OnRoute magazine includes articles about managing stress and anxiety, checking your rented private hire vehicle, test driving the new TX eCity, and useful advice on where you can and cannot park in the Capital.
Results of Oxford Street transformation consultation
With more than 22,000 consultation responses received, plans to transform Oxford Street and the surrounding area into an unrivalled place to live, work and visit have received widespread support. Read the full report here
New electric vehicle charging points
Source London has announced a partnership with LEVC that means black cab drivers can benefit from discounted charging rates and a limited-time welcome offer of a free one-year membership.
From 20:00 on Friday 16 until 20:00 on Sunday 18 March, Station Approach Road will be closed to all vehicles. This is for a crane operation. Taxis to use Spur Road for access and egress to the taxi rank.
Until 23:59 tonight, Thursday 15 March, Constitution Hill between Hyde Park Corner and The Mall is closed in both directions to facilitate works. In addition, there will be temporary traffic signals at the junction of Constitution Hill and Hyde Park Corner.
There will be road closures on the weekends of 17 and 31 March on Albert Embankment between Lambeth Bridge and Tinworth Street, from 06:00 on Saturday until 22:00 on Sunday. This is for a crane operation.
Vehicles more than two metres (six foot six inches) wide – excluding wing mirrors – are not permitted through the tunnel. This is to ensure safety and reduce the risk of collisions. All London licensed taxis (black cabs) can use the tunnel. Visit tfl.gov.uk/rotherhithe-tunnel
Borough High Street
From 21:00 on Sunday 18 until 05:00 on Monday 19 March A3 Borough High Street and London Bridge will be closed northbound between St Thomas Street and Cannon Street. This is due to carriageway resurfacing works.
From 11:00 until 19:00 on Saturday 17 March, there will be road closures on Portland Place, Parliament Square via Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, Haymarket, Trafalgar Square and Whitehall. This is for a demonstration. In addition, there will also be road closures on Paddington Green, Richmond Terrace via Edgware Road, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, Haymarket, Trafalgar Square and Whitehall. This is also for a demonstration.
Six Nations Rugby
From 12:00 until 19:00 on Saturday 17 March, roads around Twickenham Stadium will be busier than usual, including A316 Chertsey Road and all roads leading to Twickenham Station.
The Barbican Centre will be hosting a public event in Beech Tunnel. To facilitate this, Beech Street and Chiswell Street will be closed for the duration of the event until 18:00 on Monday 19 March 2018.
Between 06:00 and 12:30 on Sunday 18 March the following roads will be closed to facilitate the event: New King’s Road, Parsons Green Road, Munster Road, Dawes Road and Fulham Road.
St Patrick’s Day parade
On Sunday 18 March, Piccadilly will be closed eastbound between Hyde Park Corner and Half Moon Street from 09:30 until 15:00. In addition the following roads will be closed from 11:30: Piccadilly Circus, Shaftesbury Avenue westbound from Cambridge Circus, Haymarket, Regent Street St James’s, Waterloo Place, Pall Mall, Cockspur Street, Trafalgar Square and approaches, Whitehall and Whitehall Place. Roads are expected to have re-opened by 16:00.
• Saturday 17 March between 18:30 and 22:45 for All Time Low (capacity 8,000)
• Friday 16 March between 19:00 and 22:30 for 40 Years of Disco (capacity 10,000)
• Saturday 17 March between 19:00 and 22:30 for Jason Derulo (capacity 12,000)
The following ranks will be out of service:
• 5605, High Street (Uxbridge Station) from 00:30 on Friday 16 until 05:00 on Saturday 17 March and again between 22:30 on Sunday 18 and 05:00 on Monday 19 March. This is for unloading
• 5489, Hampstead Road (Greater London House) from 08:00 until 18:00 on Saturday 17 March. This is for a crane operation
• 5455, Grays Inn Road from 08:00 on Saturday 17 until 18:00 on Sunday 18 March. This is for a crane operation
• 5666, Harrington Road (South Kensington Station) from 08:00 until 16:30 on Sunday 18 March. This is for a crane operation. The feeder rank will be available at all times
• 5715, Piccadilly (Fortnum and Masons) from 11:00 until 16:00 on Sunday 18 March. This is for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
• 4978, Regent Street (Lillywhites) from 11:00 until 16:00 on Sunday 18 March. This is for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
• 4761, Hamilton Place (Intercontinental Hotel from 11:00 until 13:00 on Sunday 18 March. This is for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
• 5996, Holland Street (Tate) from 08:00 on Monday 19 until 17:00 on Friday 30 March. This is due to carriageway works
• 5324, Half Moon Street from 07:00 on Monday 19 until 18:00 on Monday 9 April. This is due to carriageway works
• 5487 & 5488, North Wharf Road from 08:00 on Monday 19 until 18:00 on Tuesday 27 March. This is due to gas works
St. Thomas Street, London Bridge proposals
We’re consulting on proposals to make St. Thomas Street one-way only. The consultation closes on 10 April and details of the proposals can be found here
Walking and cycling proposals – Farringdon area
Camden is consulting on proposed changes in the Farringdon area. The consultation closes on 23 Marchand details of the proposals can be found here
Electric vehicle charging points
Tower Hamlets is consulting on locations for electric vehicle charging points. The consultation closes on 31 December and more information can be found here
Taxi driver survey
As part of the wider review of taxi fares and tariffs we’re conducting a survey amongst taxi (black cab) drivers on fixed/capped fares to and from Heathrow Airport. If you would like to complete the survey then this can be found here
Westminster is consulting on changes to Glasshouse Street. The consultation closes on 16 March and details of the proposals can be found here
Old Kent Road Area Action Plan
Southwark is consulting on their Old Kent Road Area Action Plan. The consultation closes on 21 March and details of the plan can be found
Kentish Town Road/Fortess Road/Highgate Road junction improvement
Camden is consulting on changes in Kentish Town Road/Fortess Road/Highgate Road. The consultation closes on 16 March and details of the proposals can be found here
Heathrow Airport is carrying out a consultation on proposals to expand Heathrow and the principles to redesign their airspace. The consultation closes on 28 March and details of the proposals and consultation events can be found here